Is Moderation Possible?
Ok, I struggle with this, I really do. To me, abstinence from some foods does seem so much easier than moderating my intake - especially with trigger foods like sugar, nut butters and other items on my list. But, sometimes my "food rules" send me spiraling into what today's guest calls the "What the Hell" effect. It looks something like this:
- "I'm hungry" or "I want something to eat" (there's a difference!)
- "I can't eat THAT, because it's not on my 'good' list"
- "I'll eat this, this and this instead."
- "Dammit, I still want THAT."
- I eat that.
- "I'm terrible. What a failure. I think I'll eat something since I'm already a total loss."
Have you ever been there? Jill Coleman has, and today she's telling us how she got off the merry-go-round of deprivation, food rules, cravings, binges and all the noise and found a place of balance.
Get the show notes: www.onairwithella.com/071-jill-coleman
What We Talk About:
You asked, I answered...get the show notes at onairwithella.com/069-ask-ella/
1. Fiber supplements: There are a lot on the market and most seem like they are full of chemicals. Do you know of any that are easily added to a smoothie or coffee and beneficial? [Submitted by Heidi]
2. Are we killing and denaturing our vegetables when we cook them? Raw foodies will say you're killing your food. I'm a huge fan of juicing and want to get the most out of my food as possible. [Submitted by Aileen]
3. Can you discuss how to eat healthy when other people bring unhealthy foods into the house? I do the grocery shopping, but that doesn't stop my husband from bringing in tempting foods that I don't want to eat. Plus there's all the candy the grandparents load my kids with every holiday except Columbus Day. I hide it in the kitchen cabinet (out of sight, out of mind - for them, not me). [Submitted by "Sara"]
4. How do you develop the patience with yourself to keep working hard if you know you will never see the end result? In the pool, in the classroom, in my job, the harder I work, the sooner I see results. It's a different story when it comes to being your best self. [Submitted by Erica]
Now send me YOUR questions. I love to hear from you: onairwithella.com/069-ask-ella/
SHOW NOTES! www.onairwithella.com/068-nadine-artemis
Nadine Artemis of Living Libations joins us to talk about taking care of our skin naturally and maximizing our beauty inside and out at every age.
- Increasing elasticity and slowing sagging skin
- Natural acne treatments
- Scar & stretch marks treatments
- Minimizing spider/varicose veins
- Holistic oral care - whitening, oil pulling
- Natural teeth whitening
- My natural skin care routine
Nadine generously offered to giveaway a wonderful package to get you started with your best skin ever! Get the instructions on how to enter here: www.onairwithella.com/068-nadine-artemis