I believe that the nutrition and health messages we get from mainstream medicine are ALL wrong. - Amy Shah, M.D.
Dr. Amy Shah contacted me and asked if she could come on the show. Here's what she said:
"I am a double board certified medical doctor with one of the most successful practices in the country in Allergy/Immunology. I have trained at places like Harvard and Columbia. But about a year ago, I felt I needed more - I need to follow my calling into wellness and mind body medicine. Since then I started www.amyshahmd.com.
I think we all need to think bigger in healthcare! Let’s use the power of nutrition and the wisdom of Eastern principles, and bring it together with the amazing technological advances of the modern day.
Let’s solve the problems of inflammation (such as allergies, asthma, diabetes, obesity, etc), and hormone imbalances TOGETHER."
She got my attention.
We talk about this disconnect between traditional Western medicine and the wellness movement, and a whole lot more.
- Chronic inflammation - what is it and why should we care?
- How to feel 25 years old again - and for much longer
- Why the food of 50-75 years ago isn't comparable to the same foods today
- What foods are naturally healing to the body
- What supplements will Dr. Amy take, and why she prefers to "eat her vitamins"
Learn more and connect to all of the resources mentioned in the show at http://www.onairwithella.com/
Nichole Kellerman Wurth of Wildly Alive Weight Loss wants to live in a world where men and women actually enjoy the process of losing weight and connecting with their bodies.
•I believe simplicity is key to success.
•I believe you can inspire your partner to start living a healthy lifestyle with you.
•I believe you can feel 100% confident being naked around your partner - with the lights on!
•I believe that by having more *FUN* in your life, you will lose weight and find balance.
•I believe your body is your strongest ally, and by listening to it and loving it unconditionally you'll get what you need.
Today we talk about how so many things can sabotage our path to wellness and happiness. Nichole shares how understanding our self-sabotage triggers and replacing them with practices of gratitude, confidence and *gasp* self-love, can truly make the difference.
Learn more at www.onairwithella.com.
5 Things We Think Are Healthy & They’re NOT
In this podcast, Ella goes a little ranty, Food Babe style, and shares 5 things that she used to think were healthy. She'll tell you some of what she's learned so that you can come to your own conclusions about what’s best for you.
You’re going to want to visit the website for this one – Ella shares more than 15 additional resources for information seekers like you!
Ah, the dreaded bloat.
If you're tired of looking like you’re 4 months pregnant by dinnertime, this show is for you. Sam Bearfoot, the Digestion Detective is telling us what we need to know to prevent and treat The Dreaded Bloat.
What We Talk About:
• Why can Ella look 4 months pregnant even when she's at her fittest? (aarrrggghhhhh!)
• What is happening in our digestive track to cause the The Dreaded Bloat?
• What is SIBO (Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth)?
• Common food triggers for bloating
• The main offenders - which food groups are the biggest issues for most people and what to do about it
• So you figured it out... now what?
• Simple tips that aren't related to WHAT you're eating, but HOW you're eating that can reduce bloating
Find all resources mentioned at http://www.onairwithella.com
PS - Have you connected with me on Facebook? We share lots of content, recipes, photos, motivation and more over there, so COME ON OVER. :-)
Join Ella in learning all about Intermittent Fasting from the expert, Dr. Sara Solomon
Intermittent Fasting: Eating one's daily intake of food in a condensed time frame to allow the body greater periods of rest, recovery and potential for fat burning.
Sara is talking to us about the "dos" and the "dont's," of intermittent fasting, what works for her, and what might work for you to increase fast loss, reduce craving and enhance performance (among other things).
What We Talk About:
•Why Ella was scared to do this episode
•What is intermittent fasting (IF)?
•Who should NOT do intermittent fasting?
•Who should try IF?
•What are some of the different versions of intermittent fasting?
•Why does it work?
•Do you have to eat in a condensed window every day?
•What are some of the benefits beyond fat loss?
•Does what time you work out matter?
•What do baby steps look like for someone starting IF?
•What is carb back loading?
•How long / often does Dr. Sara work out?
Who is Dr. Sara?
Dr. Sara Solomon is the creator of the Fat Loss Fast System about intermittent fasting, flexible dieting and HiiT Home Workouts. Her philosophy is "minimum effective dose to get results."
Sara earned both a DMD (she's a dentist!) and a B.Sc in Physiotherapy from McGill University. She is a writer and sponsored athlete for Bodybuilding.com, the most visited bodybuilding and fitness website in the world.
Learn more and get free resources at www.onairwithella.com!
PS- have you connected with Ella on Facebook, yet? Lots of fun stuff happening there!
Paul Churchill of Recovery Elevator talks to us about the dependency and the links between sobriety and nutrition, exercise and healthy habits. Whatever your personal struggle or goal may be, Paul's tips apply to breaking bad habits and creating lasting change.
What We Talk About:
- Lifestyle changes that Paul has made to finally give up drinking for good
- Creating an environment of accountability - which works no matter what your goal is
- The routine Paul sets for himself to set up success every day..."Once I get out of one small routine it effects everything throughout the day; it’s a compound effect"
- How Paul got in the best shape of his life without trying to get into the best shape of his life
Minutes 0-10 are Announcements from Ella:
- The downloadable / printable PDFs for the Juicing, Travel and Cravings Tips are out! If you want your copy, get on the mailing list here or you can even Take the Quiz so I can help target more content for you
- If you've already connected, make sure you check your spam folder for my email (get me out of there!!)
- Podcast Tip! You can listen to podcasts on 1.5x speed to save time. This is great for listening to everyone else’s show ;-) I tell you how in this episode.
- Your reviews in iTunes - I share some and thank all of you for paying it forward!
- I just got back from vacation, so I'm doing some intermittent fasting to reset. If you want to know more about this, listen to episode 025 with Dr. Sara Solomon!
Thai Nguyen wants to help you uncover your Utopian Life
What We Talk About:
• Want to make a difference in the world?
• The 3 questions we need to ask ourselves:
◦ What do I do with my life?
◦ Why does it even matter?
◦ How do I get there ?
• Why do some people never get going?
• What motivates YOU? Find your WHY.
• The power of "I choose" versus "I can’t"
• Replacing restriction with abundance
• How the Impostor Syndrome is holding you back
• The best way to overcome failure and achieve your goals
Thai was born in Vietnam and taken to live in a refugee camp in Indonesia before moving to Australia, where he resides today as the creator of The Utopian Life. In between, he’s managed to play Rugby at the National Championship in Canada, compete in Thai Boxing at the international level, work as a Professional Chef, and now pursue his Master's degree in Psychotherapy. He has overcome challenges of every sort with incredible persistence and commitment, and now his life’s focus is encouraging people like you to strive to find their unique purpose.
Want More Thai?
You can read more of Thai's work here:
“I believe that everything you do in life is either an expression of who you truly are or a distraction from who you truly are. Discovering who you truly are is the burning question in everyone’s soul.” - Thai Nguyen