In his most recent book The Dorito Effect, best-selling author and food journalist Mark Schatker says "the cause of our food problem will not be found in individual nutrients." Rather, it's flavor, and its impact on human behavior (namely, eating), that has changed dramatically and led us so very far away from nutritional wisdom to our current blazing path toward obesity, diabetes and chronic disease. He's talking to us about how this underestimated component is demonstrated perfectly in what he's dubbed "the Dorito effect."
"Modern food may be the most compelling lie ever told."
"Nothing tastes like what it is anymore.
Everything tastes like what we want it to be."
Learn more at www.onairwithella.com/052-mark-schatzker-dorito-effect
How to Avoid Counterfeit, Cheap & Dangerous Supplements
After decades of experience in military intelligence, the U.S. State Department, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration as a Special Agent, Gary Collins of Primal Power Method has a lot of opinions about supplements.
Gary joins us to blow the lid off of conventional "wellness" practices, and tells us what to avoid - and what to look for - when buying supplements.
What We Talk About:
- Bad vs. good vitamins and supplements – quickest ways to know
- What to never do when buying supplements
- What's wrong with buying online? – and how to do it right
- Network marketing/MLMs (multi-level marketing) and the wellness world [spoiler alert: he's not a fan]
- Why your local health food store should be your new best friend
- What to look for to know that you're buying the real deal
All resources mentioned can be found in the show notes at onairwithella.com
Ella answers listeners' questions:
What motivates you to stay fit, healthy and focused?
Learn more at www.onairwithella.com
All resources mentioned can be found at www.onairwithella.com/049-extraordinary-marriage