The birth control pill is convenient, prolific and utterly pervasive. It's even touted as the cure for much that ails us. The Pill is taken by millions of women at some stage in their lives, and few of us realize that it is not without long term side effects. Clear links have been established between hormonal contraceptives and health dangers, including infertility. It's time to get the facts, and to educate ourselves so that we're making informed decisions. In this episode, Jane Bennett shares some of her extensive research, and empowers us to take back control over our health and choices.
SHOW NOTES: onairwithella.com/080-jane-bennett
If a friend or loved one can benefit from this information, please share this episode with them.
[show notes: onairwithella.com/079-jenna-elfman]
I first fell in love with Jenna Elfman in the late 90's watching Dharma & Greg. I remember wanting to be more like Dharma - carefree, confident, really tall. It's 20 years later, and I'm killing 2 out of the three :-). When I crossed paths with Jenna's work again recently, I re-crushed. I just love her attitude toward life, and I wanted to bring some of that to you. When we got together, we recorded our conversation where we talked all about marriage, kids, jobs, self-care and trying to make it all work. Join us...
SHOW NOTES: http://onairwithella.com/078
Dr. Wiggy Saunders and Fit for Real Life's Kate Galliett answer your questions:
1) Traditional sunscreens can actually be toxic? We need sun, but too much causes cancer? What are we supposed to do?
2) Artificial Sweeteners: Sugar is bad for us, and fake sweeteners are damaging to our health. So, what are our options?
3) Flotation Therapy: What is it? Why would we do it? What's it like?
SHOW NOTES: http://onairwithella.com/078
SHOW NOTES: onairwithella.com
Bone broth is magical stuff. Justin Mares, Kettle & Fire co-owner explains why.
Get 15% off your first Kettle & Fire delivery order at kettleandfire.com using code ELLA at checkout.
SHOW NOTES: loads of info here http://onairwithella.com/076-bone-broth/
The Joy Junkie is On Air with Ella!
We're talking confidence, setting boundaries and saying NO with Amy E. Smith.
Get the basics on Thyroid Health, including:
- Common symptoms of hypothyroid conditions (e.g. weight gain,
- Auto-immune conditions
- Lab tests that help
- How we can start taking care of our thyroid before there is a problem
So, if you keep hearing about the thyroid, but you skipped the 101 class, this one's for you!
Get all the resources mentioned at www.onairiwithella.com/073-ask-ella and keep the questions coming!
Get new episodes automatically - make sure you are SUBSCRIBED to the show. xoxo
Dr. Tom Nixon is back. If you missed his first episode, you can check it out here. This time, I asked him to come on the show to share some new insights on how we can slow the aging process, maintain bone density and stand tall! :-)
Get the show notes and links to all resources mentioned right here: onairwithella.com/072-tom-nixon/
Are we connected on Facebook yet? Join me there for our off-air conversations :-)
Is Moderation Possible?
Ok, I struggle with this, I really do. To me, abstinence from some foods does seem so much easier than moderating my intake - especially with trigger foods like sugar, nut butters and other items on my list. But, sometimes my "food rules" send me spiraling into what today's guest calls the "What the Hell" effect. It looks something like this:
- "I'm hungry" or "I want something to eat" (there's a difference!)
- "I can't eat THAT, because it's not on my 'good' list"
- "I'll eat this, this and this instead."
- "Dammit, I still want THAT."
- I eat that.
- "I'm terrible. What a failure. I think I'll eat something since I'm already a total loss."
Have you ever been there? Jill Coleman has, and today she's telling us how she got off the merry-go-round of deprivation, food rules, cravings, binges and all the noise and found a place of balance.
Get the show notes: www.onairwithella.com/071-jill-coleman
What We Talk About:
You asked, I answered...get the show notes at onairwithella.com/069-ask-ella/
1. Fiber supplements: There are a lot on the market and most seem like they are full of chemicals. Do you know of any that are easily added to a smoothie or coffee and beneficial? [Submitted by Heidi]
2. Are we killing and denaturing our vegetables when we cook them? Raw foodies will say you're killing your food. I'm a huge fan of juicing and want to get the most out of my food as possible. [Submitted by Aileen]
3. Can you discuss how to eat healthy when other people bring unhealthy foods into the house? I do the grocery shopping, but that doesn't stop my husband from bringing in tempting foods that I don't want to eat. Plus there's all the candy the grandparents load my kids with every holiday except Columbus Day. I hide it in the kitchen cabinet (out of sight, out of mind - for them, not me). [Submitted by "Sara"]
4. How do you develop the patience with yourself to keep working hard if you know you will never see the end result? In the pool, in the classroom, in my job, the harder I work, the sooner I see results. It's a different story when it comes to being your best self. [Submitted by Erica]
Now send me YOUR questions. I love to hear from you: onairwithella.com/069-ask-ella/
SHOW NOTES! www.onairwithella.com/068-nadine-artemis
Nadine Artemis of Living Libations joins us to talk about taking care of our skin naturally and maximizing our beauty inside and out at every age.
- Increasing elasticity and slowing sagging skin
- Natural acne treatments
- Scar & stretch marks treatments
- Minimizing spider/varicose veins
- Holistic oral care - whitening, oil pulling
- Natural teeth whitening
- My natural skin care routine
Nadine generously offered to giveaway a wonderful package to get you started with your best skin ever! Get the instructions on how to enter here: www.onairwithella.com/068-nadine-artemis
Dr. Elizabeth Plourde joins us to talk about the potential overload of radiation we're exposed to from the many devices we take for granted as safe in our homes, in our offices and all around us - and how we can reduce the risks just by being aware and taking a few simple steps.
What We Talk About:
GET THE SHOW NOTES:
Being Fearless is B.S.
"For years I lived my life according to what (or whom) I thought could make me happy. Perfectionism, the need for control, and people pleasing ruled my life. And it wasn’t working out. The day I started living my life authentically, standing up for myself, speaking out about what I believed in without looking over my shoulder at who was talking about me and what they thought of me, was the day my life truly began and had immense meaning.
Today I make no apologies for who I am. I write about and talk about my own struggles with disordered eating, relationships, alcohol and all the other messy things that happen in real life." - Andrea Owen
What we talk about in this show:
•What drove Andrea to change/improve in the face of challenges that shut many people down?
•What is Andrea’s mission and purpose now?
•Managing our inner critic
•Control, isolation and perfectionism
•“Being Fearless is BS” – what is real courage?
•"The way to gain confidence is by practicing courage" (read Andrea’s post here)
•Social media and the comparison trap
Have questions for Andrea or Ella after hearing us chat? Leave your questions at www.onairwithella.com.
Don’t forget to join us on the On Air with Ella Facebook page, too!
SHOW NOTES: www.onairwithella.com/065-wiggy-saunders
Why Heavy Metal Detox?
Dr. Weston Saunders - known to all as Dr. Wiggy - joins us to talk about what the potential overload of heavy metals in our homes, food and environment can mean for us, and how we can reduce the risks naturally - oftentimes with great results.
All resources mentioned can be found at www.onairwithella.com/065-wiggy-saunders
SHOW NOTES: www.onairwithella.com
Colonics, colon hydrotherapy, colon cleanse...what's it mean? How's it work?
We're covering it all. Including:
-What is colon hydrotherapy?
-How does it work? What should we expect?
-What's the difference between open and closed systems?
-How does a colon hydrotherapy session compare with an enema?
-How long does it take?
-What conditions does it help with?
-Is it safe?
-Does it hurt?
-Will I be clean after 1 session?
-Who is a good candidate? Who isn't?
-How can I prepare for my first one?
-Should I fast before my session?
-What should I ask or look for when seeking a provider?
-Can I go to work right after a colonic?
-How many treatments do I need?
-What do I do after the session is over?
All resources mentioned can be found at www.onairwithella.com
GET THE SHOW NOTES: www.onairwithella.com/063
- Why mercury fillings are not a good idea
- What to do if you have them
- Are all root canals a source of infection?
- Do root canals cause heart attacks?
- Do root canals increase risk of breast cancer?
- What does thyroid health have to do with oral health?
- How to strengthen your body’s ability to manage these challenges
- What to do if you need a root canal
- How to find a biological dentist
All resources mentioned can be found at www.onairwithella.com/063
SHOW NOTES: www.onairwithella.com/062
This is Part II of my conversation with Thyroid Coach and Hormonal Balance expert, Magdalena Wszelaki.
Get Part I - episode 055 is all about candida and hormonal balance through nutrition and gut health
In This Episode:
All the resources mentioned can be found at www.onairwithella.com/062
Join the On Air with Ella Facebook page and Instagram @onairwithella!
Many moons ago, I issued a challenge: will you interview me? Long-time listener Gigi accepted. Listen to her ask me the questions that she compiled from you, plus some that she threw in. We get a little silly, a little emotional, and, as always, we have a lot of fun.
SHOW NOTES & RECIPES: http://onairwithella.com/060-sarah-adler/
Sarah Adler, creator of Simply Real Health shares 7 easy pantry food swaps to make for the New Year.
Find Sarah's recipes and more at http://onairwithella.com
GET THE SHOW NOTES: www.onairwithella.com
Hannah Crum is the Kombucha Mama, and she is giving us the low down on the benefits of kombucha - what's fact, what's fiction?
Learn more at www.onairwithella.com
This is PART TWO of Episode 053 with Georgie Fear. In this call, I'm still working on Habit #1 and 2, and I'm still struggling!
Get the coaching promotion right here: ELLA EXCLUSIVE
Kylee Sallak of City Pole Studio joins us to talk all about Pole Fitness.
See all videos & get the show notes at www.onairwithella.com/057-pole-fitness
Have you joined Ella on Instagram yet? @onairwithella