Welcome to the third installment of this new weekly feature where I share one thing that I'm loving, one thing I'm not, and one simple, SUPER easy, clean-eating recipe. You can find the first one here, and last week's right here.
the GOOD: Wellness Mama website
Katie is the "Wellness Mama" - one of my favorite go-to resources for all things natural living and wellness-related.
the BAD: Teflon and Non-Stick Cookware
- Teflon sucks. Read my full rant about this toxic household product: "Can Cookware be Toxic?"
- Want more info? Here's the experts' take:
- So, what are your options?
- What if you have no choice? Maybe you're visiting friends or spending a week in a vacation home. Here are some tips for when you are stuck with the nonstick cookware as your only option:
- Don't preheat - heat at the lowest temperature possible to cook your food safely.
- Don't put nonstick cookware in an oven hotter than 400 degrees.
- Use an exhaust fan over the stove.
- Keep pet birds out of the kitchen -- the fumes from an overheated pan can kill a bird in seconds. For real. Read the article!
- Did you know? Skip the self-cleaning function on your oven. It cleans by heating to high temperatures, which can release toxic fumes from non-stick interior oven parts.
the YUMMY: Almost Oatmeal by Paleo Plan
- Combine all ingredients in a small pan over medium heat, stirring often until all is thoroughly combined and warm.
- Try it topped with pears, bananas, fresh or dried berries, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, grated apples, or sliced almonds, and serve it with sausage or eggs for a truly satisfying morning meal.
See the original recipe here, and a TON of other simple recipes from Paleo Plan.
What do you think about this week's choices? Please share your feedback with me.